Sunday 10 July 2016

June Wrap Up 2016

I had a pretty good reading month this month. In total I read 10 books, so I'm happy with that. I really enjoyed them all.

The Last Star (The 5th Wave #3) by Rick Yancey

This series follows Cassie, a sixteen year old girl who is one of the last people left on earth after an alien invasion.

I really enjoyed the conclusion to this trilogy! It was fast paced, action packed and shocking. I'm not really into science fiction at all, so I'd suggest that everyone give it a try.

Rating: 4/5 stars



Crush (Crash #3) by Nicole Williams

This new adult series follows a driven dancer named Lucy who meets a bad boy called Jude.

I enjoyed this book. There was the drama you'd expect from Lucy and Jude and it was entertaining. I couldn't put it down.

Rating: 4/5 stars



The Hidden Oracle (The Trials of Apollo #1) by Rick Riordan

This book is about the Greek god Apollo who is sent to live on Earth as punishment after a falling out with his dad Zeus.

I loved this! Apollo is funny. Riordan's writing is great, as per usual. I loved seeing some of the characters from the old books. Also, Apollo is openly bisexual, which is great to see in middle grade books. I can't wait for more books to come out.

Rating: 4/5 stars



The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

In this psychological thriller, Rachel looks around the train window one morning and sees something that changes her life forever.

I've never read a book like this before. It was fast paced and exciting. The characters are all really complex and interesting and I was very surprised by the ending. I can't wait to see the film later this year.

Rating: 4/5 stars



What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen

This book follows a teenage girl named McLean who moves around a lot with her dad, never putting down roots. However, she meets Dave and learns that maybe it would be nice to have a place to call home.

This is the second Sarah Dessen book I've read and I was captivated by it. I love small town and family restaurant settings. I loved the characters. It's a very good summer read.

Rating: 4/5 stars



The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson

This book follows Andie, who takes up dog walking after her plans for the summer are cancelled. She meets Clark, an awkward guy who is so not her usual type, but you guessed it, she ends up falling for him regardless.

This is such a fun read. I loved how it focuses on family and friendships. Clark is every fangirl's dream. It's really cute and I'd definitely recommend it.

Rating: 4/5 stars



My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

This book is about Samantha, who has watched the fascinating Garrett family from her bedroom window for as long as she can remember. One night, Jase Garrett climbs her onto her roof and they have a talk that changes everything.

This was my favourite book that I read on holiday! I loved Jase and Samantha and the whole Garrett clan. It's an excellent romance.

Rating: 5/5 stars



Mia Goes Fourth (The Princess Diaries #4)

This series follows a high schooler named Mia who discovers that she is the princess of a small island named Genovia.

This book was a lot of fun to read. Mia never fails to make me laugh. It's a quick, light read.

Rating: 3/5 stars



Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful #1) by Jamie McGuire

This book is about a college student named Abby who meets the dangerous yet alluring Travis Maddox. They make a bet that states that if Abby loses, she will have to live alongside him in his apartment.

I can see why a lot of people have problems with this book. I am aware that Abby and Travis's relationship is not something to strive for. In fact, it should be avoided at all costs. However, it was an entertaining read. I will not be continuing on with the series.

Rating: 3/5 stars



Wicked (Pretty Little Liars #5) by Sarah Shepard

This series follows a group of teenage girls who after the disappearance of their former friend start to receive threatening anonymous messages.

This book was a lot of fun. I loved comparing it to the television who, which is one of my all time favourites. There are 16 books in this series, so I have to keep on reading.

Rating: 4/5 stars




I hope you read some great books last month too! All of the pictures are from Goodreads.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you read a ton of great books last month! I really loved THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN...that ending was amazing. Really looking forward to the film too! THE PRINCESS DIARIES, MY LIFE NEXT DOOR and WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE are all such cute contemporaries. Need more of that cute fluffiness in my life, haha. Hope this month’s reading is good too! :D

    ReplyDelete