Friday 22 July 2016

Book Review: November 9 by Colleen Hoover

Title: November 9

Author: Colleen Hoover

Genre: New adult romance

Publisher: Simon and Schuster UK

What it's about: November 9 is a love story about Fallon and Ben, who after an encounter at a restaurant, agree to meet on the same date for the next five years.

What I thought: Colleen Hoover's books are so addictive!  They're such quick reads for me. I really enjoyed November 9. I loved the two main characters. I really admired Fallon because of her strength. Ben was really intriguing because there was so much that we didn't know about him. I loved how they connected over books and their conversations about reading were fun to read. The romance was very well executed by Hoover and I found myself smiling a lot. The one problem I have with this book is that Fallon doesn't have any confidence or self worth until she meets Ben. Why couldn't she love herself without Ben? Why couldn't she find confidence herself?
The plot was quite fast paced. I loved seeing how much each of the characters changed as the years passed. Although I guessed a part of the plot twist, I was still surprised. Overall, it's a really solid romance and my favourite Colleen Hoover book I've read so far.

Rating: 4/5 stars

Favourite quotes: "Please don't tell me you're one of those pretentious readers who judge people by the books they like." - Fallon 

“I hope they laugh at you, Fallon. If people are laughing at you, it means you’re putting yourself out there to be laughed at. Not enough people have the courage to even take that step.” - Ben



No comments:

Post a Comment